Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Eureka Moment...Week 5

Who Feels More Jealous male or female???
Is jealousy different from person to other or it is a gender thing?????

Last weekend I was in a birthday party with group of my friends. One of my friends "M" saw her boyfriend dancing with other girl. M was so angry and she wanted to fight with him in the party. She knew the girl long time ago, and she knows that her boyfriend and that girl have been friends since very long time even before M dates him. She was so jealous to see her boyfriend dancing with an old friend, she was not able to control her feelings even she knows and she is sure that her boyfriend will never date his old friend, and he was dancing with her for fun only.

After the party my friends and I told Ms' boyfriend what she did when he was dancing with K, he laughed so much and he told her that he never get mad or angry when he sees her dancing with other guy. He told her that he trust her and he is sure she will never look at any other guy as long as she loves him.

After that I asked my self do females feel more jealous than males or it depends on the type of the person and his/her relation with the partner.

2 comments:

  1. I think the answer to your question is both. One if depends on the relationship situation and the people in it. Has one or the other eve been cheated on before? If so then that one might get jealous more easily now. Is their relationship stong? Do they talk to one another and know how they really feel about certain situations and where their feeling for eachother lie. I think that females get more jealous sometimes because of the sterotype that men have gotten over the years. While its not necessarily true, we have all heard that men are always thinking about sex. So from a womans perspective if they have that mindset about men then they are more likely to get jealous faster and more often. What seems like a seemingly platonic situation can suddenly change when the person on the ouside has a mindset that men are always thinking about sex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great topic! I feel like it's very debatable. I was talking to my guy friend last night and he mentioned how he didn't trust his last girlfriend, but if he and I dated he would trust me to do anything, and always believe me. says because I am such a straight forward girl, he realizes that anything I do, i'm eventually going to wind up telling him, and that he knows if we were dating I wouldnt do anything to hurt him. This may be because we have known one another for such a long time or because were good friends and he trusts me not to hurt him for that reason. I feel that it certainly makes a difference with how long you knew the person you are dating before you dated, see what their personality is like besides when its your partner, but also i think it depends on how much you offer in the relationship. I feel that the person who is less worried and jealous are the ppl who receive constant compliments and acknowledgment from their partner. Perhaps women enforce men with more compliments and tell them how they feel about them more openly, so maybe this is why it seems that it is men that are usually less jealous, but I feel that if a man gave a woman he is dating constant reinforcement, told her how much he loved her, cared for her, and how attracted to her he was, there would be less doubt in her mind and she would feel less threatened by her sig. other being around other women.

    I do feel that I am guilty of a stereotype of that though, if its considered one. In the past I have had boyfriends that i get upset and feel insignificant and jealous when they talk about how another female is attractive around me, but I know that when I talk about how great looking a man is, it is commonly considered funny, and acceptable and i dont worry at all about my boyfriend being upset, because "men don't get upset like that". I guess that goes along with the whole, men not feeling they can show their emotions thing. Even i'm guilty of assuming a man doesn't bother himself with those types of aggravation or feelings.
    -Taran

    ReplyDelete