Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Response to Joan's Eureka Moment...Week 3

Joan and Taran,
I hope you will not be mad at me after you read my post. I am not trying to offend you but this is what I think. The thing that bothers me a lot is when people judge on others from the way they act, dress, or talk. Also many people do that when they see foreign people acting in a weird way. They never think that the strange way they see might be normal for the people who’s doing it because they are from different countries and they have different culture and different backgrounds. But they have to judge them on the way they see it only. This start to bother me more when I heard a person telling his friend that he thinks my friend and I are lesbian because we were walking and holding hands. At that time believe, it was my first year in US, and I didn’t know what does the word lesbian means. But now every time I remember it I say “I wish I can meet that person to tell his that he shouldn't judge people from the way they are acting”. In my country it is normal for two girls to walk and hold hands, they see it as a sign for a strong friendship. But in here it is something not good and from that time I never hold any of my friends’ hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment