Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Response to Taran's Eureka moment...Week 4

Taran,
I do agree with you that many times we judge people on the way they look or dress with out knowing anything about their lives.
I remember one time I was in the pharmacy and a patient came with many prescriptions. and she didn't want me to do them because i looked different then the others by wearing my traditional scarf. she asked me to get her some one else, and when I told her that I can fill her prescriptions and I am the one who has to type them because that was my job, she looked at me in a scary face and she said "I don't trust you with my prescriptions".
I felt so bad, but I went and I called the pharmacist to help her. After the pharmacist typed her prescription, there was a problem with her insurance so I called them and I fixed everything for her. When she got her medicine and the Pharmacist told her that I've been in the pharmacy for almost 5 years, and I never messed up any prescription and I was the one who fixed her problem with the insurance, she told me that she is very sorry for what she said, and she did that because someone who was doesn't look like American typed her prescription under the wrong name and from that time she only trust "white people".
But after what I did for her, when ever she comes to the pharmacy she asks for me, and she still apologize for what happened before.

No comments:

Post a Comment